Friday, April 12, 2013

Random Ramblings

- Today is the last day to purchase the Super Early Bird discounted tickets for Celebrate Fairfax. It's only $7 for a ticket to see the Summerland Tour (Everclear/Live/Filter/Sponge), the B-52s or the Spin Doctors.

- Remember my list of the most famous Ithaca College graduates? There are a few more folks to add to the list. Ben Feldman, an Emmy nominee for playing Michael Ginsberg on Mad Men, Jeremy Jordan, a Broadway star who is on this season of Smash, and John Ross Bowie. You may not know JRB, but you know his character Kripke on The Big Band Theory.


- I have a challenge for you: If you're in a car in a metropolitan area, turn your radio to any FM station and hit the scan button. Can you go five minutes without hearing a Kelly Clarkson or Katy Perry song? As an added challenge, can you go two minutes without hearing a Clarkson, Perry, Maroon 5, Rihanna or Taylor Swift song? I think both are impossible unless you're in a tunnel. (These performers plus Bruno Mars, Train, Pink, fun., & Lady Gaga seemingly covers every song on the radio.)

- The Pittsburgh Pirates signed Kurt Yacko. Now they need to sign Wakko and Dot!

- I found out that my 20-year high school reunion is during the same weekend as a work meeting. I guess I'll have to wait for the 25-year reunion.

- Kate of Yinzpiration won the Pittsburgh Bloggers March Madness Bracket Challenge. (I lost the tiebreaker.) Since Kate won, we're writing about her favorite Pittsburgh non-profit, Pulse. I know nothing about Pulse, so read all about the organization from I Heart Pgh's description.

Have a good Friday and weekend!

No comments: